Thursday 30 December 2010

MAC Russian Red - Review/Swatch

I've never been much of a 'red lipstick' person, but somehow the magic of MAC lured me in to buy one anyway. Funny how that happens.

I had searched some blogs to get swatches of the different red lipsticks available and after much consideration I decided to go for Russian Red.

It is described on MAC's website as an 'intense bluish-red'. As a Matte finish, it is extremely pigmented and applies very smoothly. I always live in fear that red lipsticks make your teeth look yellow, but the blue undertones in Russian Red help to keep the yellow away (also I think blue undertones are suited to those with fairer skin - or so i've read anyway)! Another plus point to this lipstick is that it seems to last quite a while on the lips so there's no need to reapply every 15 minutes.

I've read other Russian Red reviews that describe it as that 'classic red', which I totally understand! If you're going for that iconic 1950's look, Russian Red is the one for the job.

Available from www.maccosmetics.co.uk - price £12.50.





No comments:

Post a Comment